UPDATE: This giveaway has ended. Winners will be announced soon.
As I mentioned earlier, I have been working on Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD for the last week. And let me tell you I was almost shaking when I heard her say on it that it’s her toughest DVD yet. Last year, I took on her 30 Day Shred and it was a tough month that I often refer to as my exercise marathon.
The reason that I chose this DVD over some of the other ones out there is that after you purchase it, she gives you access to a 30 Day Meal Plan that coordinates with it to give you “optimal results.” (You don’t need to do the meal plan though, as you can just do the workout.) While I’ve done a decent job of getting fitness into my life this last year, I’ve been wanting a little help with more healthy recipes.
So what’s my take on this after the first week? Here’s just my personal opinion:
1) Jillian does a good job of giving some motivational talk throughout the DVD. There are times when she comes fairly close to the camera to “chat.” My favorite thing she says is that it’s not about being perfect but just putting forth your best effort.
2) I’ve loved her meal plan so much that I signed up for her online program for access to more. I was surprised at how many of the recipes my husband also liked and the thought of getting these healthier recipes into our monthly meal plan going forward is exciting. I’m getting to try new foods that I never have before such as coconut milk, tamari sauce, fennel, etc. which makes it a little fun.
3) This DVD has four segments, instead of the Shred’s 3, so there’s more variety throughout the month. I’m a little nervous as week 1 was tough and she keeps saying she’s going easy on you building up for the other weeks.
4) Not much equipment is needed for the workout–just hand weights.
1) While I love her meal plan, there are some items that are a little costly, such as seafood items, and a lot of dairy and produce items which are hard to find coupons for. If you plan on doing the meal plan you may want to take a few weeks beforehand, like I did, to find good deals online and searching for coupons to save on some of the products that she recommends.
2) Her workouts are tough so they aren’t for everyone. So check with your physician before you start. I’ve found some of her routines can be tough on weak knees. I have to watch my knees and modify some moves if I experience knee pain later.
3) Learning new recipes is time-consuming, especially if you are used to more convenient foods. But she rotates the meals throughout the month so the few weeks after aren’t so bad. It’s tough the first week, though. (and fun at the same time trying new things.)
Overall, so far I love this DVD and am anxious to see how things work out after the 30 days. My favorite part? How she forces you to take a day of rest. I look forward to the recovery days! 🙂
I love to share as many of my experiences with my readers as I can so I am offering a copy of Jillian Michaels’ Ripped in 30 to two lucky readers that win this giveaway. I’m hoping you’ll find that it also helps you get a little more fitness into your life and that maybe you’ll be like us and find some healthier recipes that you like, too.
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
NOTE: Beneath this posting is the word “Comments.” This is where you’ll put your entries. Only entries on this posting will be counted.
1) To enter the giveaway, leave me a comment letting me know have you ever tried a Jillian DVD before or seen her on The Biggest Loser?
After that, here are other ways to enter: (Please, make sure that you submit extra comments if you do these.)
2) “Like” Coupon Geek on Facebook or Follow me on Twitter and leave a separate comment letting me know you have done this. If you are already following , thank you and make sure you leave a 2nd comment letting me know.
3) Subscribe to my email newsletter or RSS Feed and leave a separate comment letting me know you have done this. If you are already subscribed, thank you and make sure you leave a 3rd comment letting me know.
4) Blog, Tweet or Share on Facebook about the giveaway. Make sure you come back and leave a separate extra comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
Entry is open to US residents only through 11:59PM CST on Friday, July 15, 2011. There is a total of four entries allowed per person. Winner will be chosen using a giveaway service and contacted by email. If you’re the winner, you’ll have only48 hours to respond or an alternate will be chosen.
Good luck to all of you who enter!
This giveaway is hosted completely by Coupon Geek as a way to help my readers get a little more fitness into their lives.
Important Note: All comments are moderated so there will be a delay from when you post your comment until it’s visible under the giveaway. If you are reading this via Email Newsletter, you’ll need to come to the site in order to be able to enter as that’s where the comments field is located and hosted.