Talk about a great week for Coupon Geek! I received the “Queen of All Things Awe-Summm” award from Together We Save AND I received the Un-Important Favorite Things Meme from Attention Target Shoppers! (Not to mention, I also got a preview of my new design the same day! Talk about walking on clouds that day!) Thank you guys! You are too sweet!
So I’m going to mention 7 things that make me Awe-summ and 6 of My Un-Important Favorite things that are special to me. I’ll pass both of these on to all 7 of the blogs I’ll list.
First up: 7 Things That Make Me Awe-summ? Hmmm….
1) I wouldn’t be as Awe-summ if I didn’t have the family that I have. That includes not only my husband and kids, but my parents, siblings and in-laws.
2) I love to joke and sometimes even play practical jokes on people. My BIL, who used to be my boss, believe it or not, and I used to battle back and forth with jokes. I’m sure he’d tell you that he was the winner in the end! (But we all know who really was victorious…both of us!)
3) I am usually overly happy. My co-workers used to call me “Pollyanna” and “All Rainbows and Puppy Dogs.” They always knew the instant I was sick because I was quiet and blah. (It was then that they realized that they LOVED my over-sunshineyness!)
4) I love to give. If I ever see anyone in need, I do anything I can to help. I usually prefer to do it anonymously but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way. I just always say to pay-it-forward.
5) I’ve always been the “mothering” type. I take people under my wing and protect them. And nothing makes me happier than when people tell me I’m a good Mom.
6) I love animals. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter and LOVED it. In our family, there’s no such thing as a pet, only furry family additions.
7) And the last thing that makes me awe-summ…all of my friends, including all of you. A blogger is nothing without great fellow bloggers and readers. I’d just be a rambling online journal if I didn’t have your feedback and help in finding deals. You all inspire me daily. Thank you!!
And on to 6 of my Un-Important Favorite Things that are Special to Me:
1) The Smell of Lilacs – To me, this is true sign of spring. My favorite flowers and I look forward to them each year.
2) Tacos – The one food that I need massive willpower to not eat too many!
3) Hearing “Manager Override Please” – I love using so many deals and coupons that I’ve dropped below the total percentage off that needs a manager’s approval.
4) A hot cup of Tea – Takes me back to little tea parties with my Mom & Sister.
5) A hearty laugh – I love things that unexpectantly make you laugh out loud.
6) A pair of soft pajamas – How wonderful to curl up in a hug of some soft jammies at the end of a loonnngg day!
And here are the 7 blogs that I’ll pass these both on to:
1) Cents To Save For Moms – Christy always has the BEST printables! And she’s a doll to chat with.
2) Mom to Monkeys – Diane is always so sweet to share the good deals she finds.
3) Sisterly Savings - I’ve known Jennifer since about bloggy-minute-one. I always know that she has my back if I need anything!
4 & 5) Chi-Annie: At the Table AND Frugal Makes Cents - These beautiful woman are the inspiration to me joining their journeys with FMC’s Saving Money Challenge. (And can I add that Annie’s header makes me crave cake daily!)
6) Too Poor To Eat - I just recently met Anna and I’ve found some great deals on her site. She fairly new to couponing and I hope she ends up loving it as much as most of us do!
7) Duncan’s Deals – Tammi has always been so sweet in sharing deals and commenting. She’s got a great blog of deals to check out. (And adorable pics in her header!)
Here’s how you pay these forward:
Queen of Awe-summ Award – The Rules Are:
*List 7 Things That Make You Awe-Summm!
*Pass It On To 7 Bloggers Who Are Awe-Summm!
*Be Sure To Tag Your Awe-Summm Bloggers To Let Them Know!
*Then Link Back To The Queen That Tagged You!
6 Un-Important Favorite Things – The Rules Are:
1. Mention the person who nominated you. Be sure to check out her blog.
2. List six unimportant things that make you happy.
3. Tag six blogs, state the rules and notify them with a small comment on their blog.